How do you get there?
The Ocean Park Retreat Center is located at 28511 Vernon Avenue, 1.1 miles north of the 4 way stop in the town of Ocean Park, on the west side of the Long Beach Peninsula in SW Washington. These directions are to travel north on the east side (Willapa Bay) on the peninsula. The east side has less traffic than on the ocean/ west side which goes through the small towns.
FROM SEATTLE, WASHINGTON (3 ½ Hours driving time)
• Take I-5 S to Olympia, Washington. • Merge onto US-101 N via exit 104 toward Port Angeles/Aberdeen. • Take WA-8 W toward Montesano/Aberdeen. WA-8 W becomes US-12 W. • Take the WA-107 ramp toward Montesano/Raymond. • Turn left onto S Main Street. • Proceed straight onto WA-107. • Turn left onto US-101. Continue through Raymond and South Bend toward Long Beach, WA (app. 1 hr) • Turn north (right) onto Sandridge Road (has a light) and continue north approx 1 mi to 3 way stop. Continue north 10 – 10.5 miles to Bay Avenue in Ocean Park. There is a stop sign at Bay Ave. • Turn left (west) onto Bay Avenue and continue .7 mile to 4 way stop. • Turn right (north) onto Vernon Ave. Continue north on Vernon Ave. 1.1 mile to camp. • Turn left at the Ocean Park Retreat Center sign. • Go down gravel road to stop sign. There is a directory board that will show you where to park • At stop sign in front of office turn left to RV Park. ***NOTE: If you miss the turn onto Sandridge, continue straight for .4 mi to flashing red lights. Turn right (north) onto WA-103 N (Pacific Ave.), on the west side of peninsula. Continue north 11 miles until you get to the 4 way stop in Ocean Park. Continue north 1.1 miles to camp. This takes you through Long Beach. (lots of tourists – lots of traffic !!)
FROM PORTLAND, OREGON and VANCOUVER, WASHINGTON (2 ½ Hours driving time)
• Take I-5 N to Longview, WA. Exit 36. Take this exit. • Merge onto WA-432 W (Tennant Way) toward WA-4 (Longview / Long Beach) • Turn left onto WA-433 (Oregon Way). Continue to follow WA-433. (Industrial area) Stay in left lane.. Cross over Lewis & Clark Bridge to Oregon and merge onto US-30 West (right turn and up the hill). **Viewpoint 1 or 2 coming up the hill offers a great view of Columbia River, port and Longview. **Stop and take a break; it’s about 2-21/2 hours to the camp – all two lane roads. 🙂 • Follow US-30 W to Astoria, Oregon. (Approximately 1 1/2 Hours) • Continue though Astoria and follow signs for US-101 and Astoria – Megler Bridge Stay in right lane. • Turn right onto US 101 (just past KFC). Cross Astoria – Megler Bridge (across Columbia River) to Wash. • Turn left at end of bridge and go towards Long Beach recreation area. • Continue to follow US-101 for 9 miles to Alternate US-101. • Turn right (north) onto alternate US-101 and continue .6 mile to stop sign. • Turn left (west) onto US-101. Continue for 1.8 miles to Sandridge Road. • Turn right (north) onto Sandridge Road (there is a stoplight). Continue north approx 1 mi to 3 way stop. Continue north 10 – 10.5 miles to Bay Avenue in Ocean Park. There is a stop sign at Bay Ave. • Turn left (west) onto Bay Avenue and continue .7 mile to 4 way stop. • Turn right (north) onto Vernon Ave. Continue north on Vernon Ave. 1.1 mile to camp . • Turn left at the Ocean Park Retreat Center sign. • Go down gravel road to stop sign in front of office. Check in at office – if no one there turn left into the RV Park. ***NOTE: If you miss the turn onto Sandridge, continue straight for .4 mi to flashing red lights. Turn right (north) onto WA-103 N (Pacific Ave.), on the west side of peninsula. Continue north 11 miles until you get to the 4 way stop in Ocean Park. Continue north 1.1 miles to camp.
Where should you park?
There is plenty of free on-site parking, but we encourage you to car pool if possible. There are limited parking spots at each lodge, so guests that arrive a bit later may have to park in a designated overflow area.
What is included with a day pass?
A day pass includes everything except breakfast, dinner, and overnight lodging. Guests with day passes may participate in all other activities. If you only purchase a one day pass, you are welcome to use if for either day. That way, once the workshop schedule is posted you can choose to attend the workshops that appeal to you most. Please let us know which day you are attending by September 1st so we can have enough food for everyone for lunch. Please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can kids come?
Yes, well behaved children are welcome at the festival as long as they have adequate adult supervision. There is a special rate for families of three or more people, and children four and under eat for free. Please contact us for details and to register.
Are pets welcome?
As much as we adore our four-legged companions, we ask that unless your pet is a registered service animal, to please leave your pets at home. The section of the retreat center designated for the festival does not allow pets.
When/what are we eating?
Your registration includes five meals, three on Saturday and two on Sunday. Friday night you will need to eat before arriving at the festival. Day passes include lunch only. Breakfast will be served at 8:30, lunch at 12:30, and dinner at 5:30. Please don’t be late or skip meals. There is a small kitchen for guest use in Ocean Breeze Lodge. All meals will be vegetarian. The retreat center may be able to accomodate specific dietary needs, depending on your unique requirements. Please contact us for details at email@example.com.
What should you bring, and not bring?
- Sleeping bag or sheets (twin) and blanket (a limited amount of linens are available at the venue for an extra charge).
- Journal and pen (you will need this for the workshops).
- Personal toiletries
- Towel and washcloth
- Sweater or jacket (the weather changes qucikly on the coast).
- Shower shoes or sandals
- Ear plugs (in case your roommates snore)
- Yoga mat, and if you have them please also bring a strap, block, booster cushion, and light blanket for savasana and/or yoga nidra.
- Please do not bring pets, alcoholic beverages, tobacco products, controlled substances, fireworks, guns or weapons, drama or negativity 🙂
Is there Wi-Fi available at the retreat center?
Yes, Wi-Fi is avaialble for guests, but we encourage you to “unplug” with a digital detox and be fully present.